Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thursday, 01 May 2008 - A good traveling companion

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a good traveling companion.

As predicted, the spring blizzard hits this morning, bringing lots of wet snow and cold temperatures to the neighborhood. This is unfortunate. As someone who dislikes driving in inclement weather, I have a busy schedule today - appointments to keep, places to go and people to see.

My biggest worry? What to do with T.

S is out of town this week so no one is available to "dog-sit" on a moment's notice. And, I can't leave him outside in the storm - at age 11, he doesn't tolerate the cold or isolation very well. So, I decide to take T with me. It's cool enough with the windows cracked open so he won't roast in the Camry while I make my rounds. Plus, he likes riding in the car, settling readily on the cozy fleece blanket protecting the back seat. And, don't forget about the treats. I give him several each time I leave or return.

At day's end, T tells me that he's glad I took him with me. He really liked visiting the post office, beauty salon, natural foods store, library, charity shop, nursery and World Arena (where, before my meeting, we took a brisk walk along the greenbelt).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: