Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday, 31 May 2008 - A dose of inspiration

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a dose of inspiration.

The Ute Valley Park bouldering competition begins this morning. We're attending but not competing. I'm photographing the event while S spots climbers. We're taking our shoes and bouldering pads (we'll climb after the competition ends). T will keep me company.

I love to observe other climbers, especially women. I study their styles and moves, hoping to learn something that will improve my own skills.

This competition is a golden opportunity to witness really good local climbers attempt a series of difficult routes and succeed.

Good timing, too. I'm overdue for a dose of climbing inspiration and encouragement.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: