Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday, 28 May 2008 - A significant rain

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a significant rain.

For the first time since we moved to Colorado Springs 21 years ago, the weather does not cooperate with the Air Force Academy (AFA) graduation ceremony.

Rain falls early in the morning. Heavy cloud cover and fog dim the skies. No Thunderbird air show or fly-bys today.

The President addressed the AFA graduates during the ceremony. I wonder if the rain's significance goes beyond a welcome springtime watering for my gardens.

I'm thinking about tears from weeping angels and a wounded Mother Earth.

Tears that say enough is enough about his war, his policies, his divisiveness.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Columbine buds drip with fresh raindrops

No comments: