Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday, 13 May 2008 - Living strong for others

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful that I can "live strong" for others.

LiveStrong Day 2008.

In Colorado, we awake to cold, wind, rain and snow. Serious weather, I suppose for a solemn day. A striking contrast to yesterday's blinding sunshine and 80 degrees (was perfect for our bouldering adventure).

I study the names on the list of people (and pets) for whom I live strong, for whom I wear a yellow bracelet, the one that Lance Armstrong popularized a few years ago. I shake my head. Most are dead. A few are still fighting cancer. Only one is a long term survivor.

I sigh. Too many. And, most, too young.

If prayers help, I will pray.
If tears help, I will cry.
If smiles help, I will smile.
If a yellow bracelet helps, I will wear one.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: