Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday, 05 May 2008 - My sister, E

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my sister, E, as she celebrates her birthday.

She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child. ~Barbara Alpert

This quote describes my favorite sister, E, perfectly. Except that she has never done anything to make me wish I were an only child. And it doesn't mention her inner and outer beauty, artistic talents and heart of gold.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: T wishes his Aunt E a very happy birthday.


No comments: