Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tuesday, 06 May 2008 - Healing prayers

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for healing prayers.

Oh, Great Spirit,
I pray for myself in order that I may be healed.

Oh, Great Spirit,
I pray for my close friend who is sick and needs help.

~Ed McGaa, Eagle Man

I'm still upset by my friend's stage 4 lung cancer. Actually, I feel helpless and angry. Sorry, but I can't hide my selfishness. I just thought he would always be around, somewhere, somehow. After all, aren't we suppose to outlive our parents but not each other - at least not by decades?

When we were in college, the three of us once talked about getting together when we were much older. At that reunion (which seemed so far off in the future), we would tell our life stories, recall shared memories and celebrate our long friendship. We would share a bottle of excellent wine as we laughed and talked into the wee hours of the morning.

If only we could go back to the first day we met and start again. This time, with more feeling. And kept promises to stay in touch after college.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: