Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday, 21 May 2008 - Productive first hours

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for productive first hours.

Early sunrises suit my schedule. In fact, my first waking hours are among my most productive.

Within the first 90-120 minutes, I take T for a walk in the park, make dough for a loaf of focaccio, start dinner (if the meal includes homemade pasta sauce or soup) and bake a dessert (M is visiting this and next week). I also tend my front and backyard gardens where I systematically inspect, water, trim, weed, mulch, rake, feed and photograph the perennials, vegetables, herbs and berries.

All this activity before I sit down in front of my laptop with a mug of freshly brewed rooibos tea and check out what's happening in the world.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: