Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday, 16 May 2008 - More plants

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for more plants.

Thanks to discipline and a budget, I didn't get carried away this year at the Horticultural Art Society plant sale. During past sales, when someone oohed and aahed over an exotic looking bloom or shrub, I'd buy the plant without thinking about its special needs. More often than not, it didn't survive in my garden.

Anyway, this season, I have plans for a new perennial vegetable and herb garden and a very focused shopping list.

I stuck with tried-and-true varieties for the xeric garden. My purchases included more brunnera, mirabilis multiflora and corkscrew allium.

I managed to find some perennials for the vegetable/herb garden. My prized finds: perennial strawberry plants and, in the dug-and-donate section, a $4.00 rhubarb plant and two $3.00 comfrey plants.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: