Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friday, 30 May 2008 - Washing machines and dryers

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for washing machines and dryers.

I didn't see it coming.

I'm talking about two enormous duffle bags stuffed with dirty laundry. The clothes and gear need to be washed and dried by 1 AM so M can make his 1:30 AM Air Force Academy curfew. It's already 4 PM.

The school year ended a week ago. The cadets are cleaning their rooms and moving to temporary summer quarters. M leaves Monday for an out-of-state internship.

Long story short, M does load after load of laundry, giving our efficient, high capacity front loading washing machine and dryer a workout. The dryer is the real star, completing its duties quickly. I can't imagine having to dry all those items on a clothesline.

Just before 1 AM, M is matching the last of his socks (I estimate that he washed at least 4 dozen pairs). In a few minutes, S will take him back to the Academy, clean laundry and all.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: