Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday, 29 May 2008 - Three more days

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for three more days.

Three days and counting to June 1. Then, let the planting ritual begin.

On Sunday, with little fanfare except for T's occasional sniff or nudge, I will carefully transplant tomato and pepper plants to larger pots. Then, I will set them in strategic spots around the perennial vegetable and herb patch where they'll get at least 10 hours of blissful summer sunshine daily.

I hope my waiting an extra week increases the harvest. Veteran gardeners warned me about planting too soon.

In June, daytime temperatures should easily top 75-80 degrees F and nighttime temperatures should stay above 40 degrees F.

As usual, I'm hoping for the best.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: