Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday, 28 November 2007 - Great customer service

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for great customer service.

Rule #1: Use your good judgment in all situations.
There will be no additional rules.
~Nordstrom's Employee Handbook

When I worked in human resources, the above quote - real or not - circulated widely. Those were the good old days when management vigorously promoted employee empowerment. Recently, after talking to friends who still work in Corporate America, I realized that employee empowerment is passe. So, this week, I was pleased to discover that in one company, employee empowerment is still alive and kicking.

The gentleman I dealt with on Monday did not work for Nordstrom's. But, in the spirit of a Nordstrom's employee, he promptly took care of the problem I had with knitting needles I purchased online last January. It's a long story that I won't repeat here. In a nutshell, I bought the needles, put them away because I didn't need to use them right away, decided to try them out last Saturday, discovered a fatal flaw in each pair, contacted the customer service department on Monday and received the replacements today. No questions asked. No need for me to return the flawed needles. Talk about great customer service.

By the way, the knitting needles are the #17 and #19 additions to the basic Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needle Kit at http://www.knitdenise.com/. I own two basic kits and use them for nearly all of my knitting projects. I highly recommend the knitting needles and the company.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: