Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thursday, 22 November 2007 - Thanksgiving

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a special thanksgiving.

Oh Lord, help me serve others with a generous and nonjudgmental heart so that I may be worthy of a stranger's blessing.

About a year ago, a woman posted a short message on the local freecycle message board to which I subscribe. She was desperate for help for her family during the holidays. After we exchanged a few emails, I sent her a check. After she received the check, she sent me a gracious thank you note. Then, we simply went on with our lives.

So, this afternoon, I was quite surprised and humbled to read this email message:

Greetings, I have never forgotten the kindness you did for my family last year; as we give thanks today, I am thankful for kind hearted people like yourself - you are a rare find. I hope this message finds you and your family firmly planted in the hold of our higher power and receiving all the blessings due you. Happy Thanksgiving and Be Blessed, Sincerely The J-S Family

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

1 comment:

Solomon said...

What a great story! That someone would remember to thank you a year later is amazing.