Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday, 20 November 2007 - One turkey

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one turkey.

When the local meat market called yesterday to inform me that there might be a problem with my turkey order, my heart sunk. What would Thanksgiving be without an organic Wisdom turkey?

The problem was serious. Apparently, when Wisdom began processing the meat market's order, it discovered 50 missing turkeys. These were the large ones, over 20 pounds in final weight. And, I always order a Wisdom turkey in the 22-25 pound range.

I was rather embarrassed when the sales person asked me how many people I needed to feed. I told her two. Then, I felt that I needed to explain further.

"Well," I continued, "the meal is mainly for my husband. My dog and I eat a little. I freeze a lot, too." I think she understood and told me she would put my name on the largest turkey in the store.

To make a long story short since I'm saving as many words as I can for my novel, the meat market found a turkey weighing close to 22 pounds for yours truly. I picked it up this morning.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: