Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Wednesday, 07 November 2007 - Potential

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for potential.

My prayer - for me and for others like me who crave to know their purpose in the world - is this: that we aim our eyes beyond the rigid box that bounds our current lives so we can begin to see our true potential in action. Then, may we answer the Universe's wake-up call and gather the courage, energy and imagination to step outside our boxes and become that potential.

This is how a human being can change:
there's a worm addicted to eating grape leaves. Suddenly, he wakes up, call it grace, whatever, something wakes him, and he's no longer a worm. He's the entire vineyard, and the orchard too, the fruit, the trunks, a growing wisdom and joy that doesn't need to devour.

~ Rumi (Translated by Coleman Barks)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: