Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday, 21 November 2007 - Good writing weather

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for good writing weather.

Early this morning, a bitterly cold arctic front dumped about two inches of snow on the neighborhood. Brrrr. The day's high won't even reach freezing. It's definitely an indoor day for S and me. T is the only one who wants to venture outside. We let him race around the backyard and romp in the shallow snowdrifts near the fence. I'm glad that I finished my Thanksgiving shopping yesterday.

Regarding my novel: With less than 8,000 words to go, I'm very close to reaching the 50,000 word goal set by the National Novel Writing Month challenge. I hope to finish by this weekend. No, my novel won't be publishable in its current form so no one but me will ever read it. Besides, I've made too many story transitions and changed the main character twice. Yes, I have created the foundation for a real novel so I guess I can almost call myself a novelist.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: