Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday, 13 November 2007 - Just one reason

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for just one reason to get up in the morning.

You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~Emily Dickinson

A morning person, I normally don't have any problems getting out of bed and starting the day. For some reason, holiday depression is already knocking at the door, having arrived early for her annual visit. I don't want to let her in. If she gets in, December will be unbearable for me and those around me. Anyway, finding one thing to help me start my morning will help keep holiday depression at bay.

Thank goodness for T. His cold nose tells me that he needs something from me. Right now. Like a walk. Or a hug. Time for me to get out of bed and begin the day.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: