Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday, 05 November 2007 - 1,700 more words

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for 1,700 more words.

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Writing 1,700 words a day is really challenging and rather exhausting. When I begin to write, I never know where my words and thoughts will take me. I am, however, beginning to develop some interesting threads that explore the presence of angels, visits to a therapist and experiences growing up.

Fortunately, despite my insecurities, the novel is still on target with its total wordcount. Whether or not I'm developing a story worth reading is another thing. My wordcount as of day 5 is spot on - 8,583.

With a busy weekend ahead of us (our Air Force Academy cadet plans to spend it with us), I need to exceed the minimum output just in case I have to skip a day. Right now, I'm praying for divine inspiration.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: