Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday, 26 November 2007 - An unexpected invitation

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an unexpected invitation.

My husband's former manager and still good friend called tonight. But, she wanted to speak to me not S. Of course, I was surprised until I learned the purpose of her call. She called to invite me to speak in January to her women's networking group on the subject of journaling.

Here's the history behind her call. A few months ago, she invited S and I to a house meeting to meet our Colorado legislators. I always like to take a host/hostess gift so I gave her a copy of my self-published book, A Year of Living Gratefully. The book contains favorite entries from the first year of this blog. The next day, she left me a gracious voice mail message, thanking me for the book. She said that once she started reading it, she just couldn't put it down. So, when her networking group decided on the program topics for its 2008 meetings, she thought of me and my grateful journal.

Of course I said yes. Although I am not an expert, I do have extensive journal writing experience. So, here's hoping I will develop an engaging presentation that will inspire many of the 60-80 attendees to start documenting their lives in journals.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: