Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday, 03 November 2007 - Extended service agreements

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for extended service agreements.

Whenever we buy a major appliance, S questions my insistence on purchasing the extended service agreement. Why do I want it? Just my intuition that says that new, high tech, top-of-the-line machines won't last 10 years without a fight. So, to S's surprise and my delight, my "just in case" attitude has paid off.

The supposedly very best front loading washing machine that money can buy is finally working again after the repairmen replaced the main drum and bearings for the third (and hopefully final) time and both motherboards. My beloved three year-old refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom no longer freezes lettuce thanks to the new motherboard.

Anyway, you get my point.

(BTW, my novel is now 5,752 words long.)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: