Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday, 23 November 2007 - Black Friday

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for Black Friday.

In the spirit of Black Friday, I don't shop or buy a single thing on the day or weekend after Thanksgiving. This morning, a few stores opened at the erstwhile unheard of hour of 4 AM (thank you very much Kohls and Penneys - I definitely won't contribute to your bottomline this year). Anyway, it is so cold outside, I can't muster the courage to take T for a walk in the park. I'll let S have the honors this afternoon. Poor T. He's suffering from cabin fever.

BTW. I spent the afternoon working on my 50,000 word novel for the National Novel Writing Month challenge. I now have less than 3,000 words to go. I hope to reach 50,000 words tomorrow. I read a few posts on the regional message board and learned that my Colorado Springs team is battling the Fort Collins writers on total wordcount - obviously a friendly and informal competition. When I checked a few minutes ago, Colorado Springs was winning.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

1 comment:

Solomon said...

You've really pulled that novel together. I'm impressed.