Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday, 15 November 2007 - Two things

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for two things: my niece, Elizabeth, and Project Runway.

1. My niece, Elizabeth.
Elizabeth was was born on November 15, 1990. Sadly, she died from a rare congenital syndrome a few weeks before her third birthday. She would have been 17 today, a young lady and a senior in high school thinking about college applications and what to wear on her next date. I usually remember her on the anniversary of her death and tend to forget her birthday. This year is different.

2. Project Runway, Season 4.
S cancelled our cable TV subscription earlier this year - we were watching way too much television. I can't watch the actual Project Runway program as it airs - a real tragedy for me since I love fashion and sew much of my personal wardrobe. So, I'm following the designers and their exploits on the Project Runway website. And, yes, Tim Gunn is still my favorite mentor/critic.

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: