Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday, 27 November 2007 - One more climbing adventure

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one more climbing adventure this month.

Cooler weather settled in our region just before Thanksgiving. I don't think it intends to leave until spring. Still, if the air temperature is at least 45 degrees F and the winds are calm, we can usually manage a few hours of climbing at Red Rock Canyon. Our main concern is staying warm while belaying the climber.

Also, when winter arrives, our goal changes from climbing at least once a week to climbing once a month. I admit that I have never climbed in a climbing gym. But, if we have an exceptionally snowy or cold winter, I concede that we may have to climb indoors for a few weeks to keep our climbing streak intact.

Early this morning, we awake knowing that, in a few hours, we would embark on our last November climbing adventure. Another cold front is due tonight.

Before leaving the house, we finish our A-priority business tasks. Then, S, T and I load our gear into the truck and head for Red Rock Canyon with high hopes for a great day on the rocks.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: