Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday, 21 March 2007 - Spring, Bach and $30.00

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for three things: spring's arrival, Bach and $30.00.
  1. Spring - After surviving a bitter cold winter, my garden and I are delighted that the season of hope, renewal and growth has finally arrived. While my garden slowly awakens under the warm sun and Chinook winds, I'm getting ready for a season of personal transformation.
  2. Bach - Happy Birthday, Johann Sebastian.
  3. $30.00 - I planned to give our neighbor, Hayden, some spending money for his spring break trip to San Diego. The high school band is competing there. I just didn't know how much to give. For whatever reason, I decided on $30. When T and I dropped off the gift, his mother said that that's exactly how much Hayden asked her for this morning. Imagine that!
For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.