Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday, 18 March 2007 - My parents

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my parents as they celebrate their 57th wedding anniversary.

A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.
~Paul Sweeney

Grow old with me!
The best is yet to be.
~Robert Browning

I would not be here (at least under my current identity) if my parents had not met and married. I'm very thankful for the countless sacrifices they made on my behalf. They put aside their dreams (I'm sure they had many) in order to help me build mine.

My parents helped mold the foundation of my character: fierce independence, strong work ethic, self-discipline, respect for others, "never say can't" attitude, accountability, solid moral compass, liberal/progressive ideals and competitive spirit. They also gave me a very wide berth in which to operate and the freedom to make my own decisions.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photos:

Top: Miniature irises
Middle: Red Rock Canyon - Geese, duck pond, Pikes Peak
Bottom: Red Rock Canyon - T watches the visiting geese

No comments: