Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday, 16 March 2007 - March madness

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for March madness.


I confess that I'm a college basketball fan. My love for the sport began in high school where our team was a consistent contender for league champion (my boyfriend was the captain of the varsity team). Then, I attended basketball-crazy UCLA. I was there for John Wooden's last NCAA championship and final year as coach.

These days, I'm not the basketball fanatic or student of the game that I was years ago. I no longer complete the tournament bracket before the first tip-off - don't know enough about the competition to predict wins and losses. S and I always follow UCLA, Arizona and the other PAC-10 teams (S earned his masters degree at the University of Arizona). Note that I still have a hard time cheering for USC.


This year, we're having exceptional March weather. So, if we need to choose between going rock climbing or watching UCLA play on television, rock climbing wins out every time. Sorry, Bruins. We'll check the scores later on the Internet.

For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: