Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday, 08 March 2007 - Perfect brownies

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for perfect brownies.


I've been brownie-challenged ever since we moved to Colorado Springs twenty years ago.

A real embarrassment for someone who likes to bake. Must be the high altitude (6700 feet).

My brownies are too fudgy or too cakey or too something-or-other. They bear no resemblance to the chocolate delights I baked in California and Texas.


Well, I'm pleased to report the end of my search for the "perfect" brownie recipe. I've tested a
Cook's Illustrated recipe four times. After making two modifications, I can honestly say that I love the results.

So, bring on the potluck meals, neighborhood block parties and charity bake sales. I'm finally ready to bring dessert.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: