Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday, 02 March 2007 - Homemade chicken soup

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for homemade chicken soup.

The wind's chill increases my discomfort during our morning walk, especially when we head in a northerly direction. I'm amazed that the wind, no matter how blustery, very rarely annoys T.

When we get home, I decide that a pot of soup will be today's perfect meal. This time, I make chicken soup flavored with assorted spices and teeming with shredded chicken breast, black beans, pearled barley, sliced carrots, onions and diced Yukon gold potatoes.

I busily chop the vegetables and stir the soup, adding a little more of this and a touch more of that. The aromas blend beautifully, teasing my appetite. I'll have to wait a few hours before I can enjoy a bowlful. In the meantime, I'll sip a mug of peppermint tea and nibble a handful of dried goji berries.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


No comments: