Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday, 26 March 2007 - Day-to-day differences

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for day-to-day differences.

Nothing that is can pause or stay;
The moon will wax, the moon will wane,

The mist and cloud will turn to rain,

The rain to mist and cloud again,

Tomorrow be today.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

This is the 21st time March 26 has arrived during our tenure in Colorado. Each occurrence has been different yet the same.

While the calendar reads, March 26, just like it did last year and the year before, today is unique in its composition, attitude and delivery.

All the same.
All different.
Moods.
Winds.
Clouds.
Energy.
What I eat for breakfast.
What I am thinking this very moment.
The quality of dreams.
The intensity of hope.
The number of tears in one teaspoon.
My ability or inability to decide.
My sensitivity to light.
Even silence -
The void through which my soul sings,
Sounds different this year.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: