Monday, March 05, 2007

Saturday, 03 March 2007 - Better things to do

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for better things to do.


I have no access to the Internet due to technical difficulties (Comcast's fault). Consequently, I'm forced to spend my time on more practical things.


I've spent the day decluttering my studio worktable, sorting my stash of sewing and knitting patterns and books into two piles (keep and giveaway), reading several chapters of a really good book (
The Poisonwood Bible) and baking brownies from scratch.

I realize how much time I waste throughout the day checking my various email accounts, reading news articles, watching videos from The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, shopping on Ebay, Etsy and other favorite sites ... very sad indeed.


I think, no, I
know that I need a new rule. A rule that limits my discretionary time on the Internet to maybe one hour a day. I must spend the rest of my worktime writing, job hunting and decluttering the house. Otherwise, I will never finish my book, I will never find gainful employment, and I will eventually drown in all my unused stuff.

There. It's done. The rule is in place.

(sigh) My life in cyberspace will never be the same (which is probably a very good thing).


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: