Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday, 15 March 2007 - A birthday surprise

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a birthday surprise.

I grew up loving daffodils because, on my birthday, they were always in bloom. But, that was sunny, garden friendly Southern California. A bulb's life in Colorado is less predictable and more precarious.

So, on my 53rd birthday, I am thrilled to see the early blooming bulbs doing their thing in the front yard garden. The miniature daffodils and petite irises are showing their vivid spring colors. Gold and blue, of course. Perfect for this UCLA alumnus.

To celebrate my birthday, S and I will share a bottle of premium nut brown ale. We'll also go climbing in Red Rock Canyon when the weather clears up.

And, with new tires on Mrs. Camry and loving wishes from S, T, my parents and sisters, I'm starting my 54th year in the very best way - with a big smile, a healthy body, an abundance of creative energy, a lively spirit, a grateful heart and a cup that still runneth over.


For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: