Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday, 16 August 2006 - Frugal ways

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for frugal ways.

Thrift is not an affair of the pocket, but an affair of character. ~S.W. Straus

I recently read an article that discussed frugality. The author lamented the fact that we often mistake frugality for cheapness. He gave this example to explain the difference.

When given exactly $10 for lunch, a cheap person will select the $8.99 meal and leave the $1.01 balance to cover tax and tip. A frugal person will select the $6.99 meal because she wants to leave the server a decent tip.

I often tell people that I'm "cheap" because of I always look for a good bargain, no matter the item under consideration. I now realize, that I am really a frugal person.

When I wrote my life's mission, "being generous with my time, talents and wealth" was a key tenet. I hope my actions reflect a giving heart.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Strawberry plant

No comments: