Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday, 25 August 2006 - Reconnection to the past

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a reconnection to the past.

Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Unexpectedly, one of my best high school girl friends contacted me by email. We lost touch after our freshman year of college (she attended Redlands while I went to UCLA) - no email existed in the early 1970s.
It was nice to hear from LZ after nearly 35 years.

Reconnecting with her doesn't change my current life. But, it enlarges my territory (a la Prayer of Jabez) and resurrects many rarely visited memories. I seldom think about high school except when I share my good and bad experiences with the neighborhood kids. But, it's good to know that people who were so important to me then are doing well now.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: