Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday, 06 August 2006 - Creative therapy

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for creative therapy.

During difficult times, we all do different things to help us heal. I found that in my own life, during my darkest, worst days, my therapy was to bake. ~ Ellen Rose

The cloudy sky enhances my depressed mood. I don't know what's wrong. Lots of little things, I suppose.

Personal issues like:
  • Missing my daily dose of sunshine and our weekly rock climbing sessions in Red Rock Canyon (the sandstone walls are too damp to climb).
  • Growing concerns that the tomatoes won't ripen for lack of heat and sunshine - I see lots of green fruit and only a few red or yellow ones.
  • A potential financial challenge looming on the horizon (I'm praying for supernatural intervention in the matter).
  • A growing emptiness inside from my lack of meaningful, paying work.
  • A chronic case of writer's block that is jeopardizing my writing projects.
  • My intense frustration arising from the Floyd Landis-Tour de France-positive drug test affair.
You get the picture.

In my darkest, worst moments, I first cry an ocean of tears before vowing to be more optimistic. Then, to raise my spirit and hopes, I seek creative therapy.

I won't bake cookies or munch on chocolate (couldn't manage all those calories). But, I will take T for a long walk, start a new knitting project, plant a few new perennials in the garden and cook a large pot of soup.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Gaillardia daisies thrive in the backyard garden

No comments: