Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday, 13 August 2006 - Hot water

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for hot water.

I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean. ~GK Chesterton

We lost another household companion today. Our water heater died last night. It lived with us for nearly 20 years - pretty good for a home appliance with an average lifespan of 12 years. But, until the new one is installed later this week, we're living without hot water.

Hot water: an important commodity that makes my life easier. Too bad I take it for granted.

We're managing when it comes to activities like teeth brushing and face washing. I heat up a small pot of water so I can wash the dishes. Doing laundry is business as usual since the front loading washing machine heats the water as needed.

But a cold shower .... brrrrrrr. S plans to shower at the gym. I'll grin and bear it at home by pretending I'm camping!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: