Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tuesday, 15 August 2006 - Deadlines

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for deadlines.

Goals are dreams with deadlines. ~Diana Scharf Hunt

A deadline is negative inspiration. Still, it's better than no inspiration at all. ~Rita Mae Brown

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. ~Douglas Adams

As a writer and editor, my paid work is deadline driven - a factor that appeals to my personality type and work style. To avoid last minute panic, I usually plan and pace each project .

Still, as the deadline looms, I'm working furiously to ensure I've executed every detail perfectly. Is each "i" dotted and each "t" crossed? Is the table centered on the page? Did I run spell check after the last revision?

I must confess that some of my best work arises from last minute inspirations and revisions. As always, I am working against a deadline.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: More tomatoes are finally ripening.

No comments: