Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday, 05 August 2006 - A writer's progress

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a writer's progress.

What no wife of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working when he's staring out of the window. ~Burton Rascoe

The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes. ~Agatha Christie

To the outsider, I've done nothing constructive today. Couldn't even write 1,000 words. But, my inner writer knows I made progress on my various projects.

One well-written sentence. A few interesting ideas for a story. Three lines of a poem.

I feel like I've just finished running a grueling marathon, such were my writing struggles today. Despite my severe case of writer's block, I am happy to report that I am at least one step ahead of where I was this morning.

(whew!) I'm done for the day. Time for T's walk in the park.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: