Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday, 19 August 2006 - A small-scale garden

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a small-scale garden.


I don't have lofty gardening goals - I just want my gardens to reflect my creativity and personality.

So, the man who plans to plant at least one of the over 2,500 plants suitable for Zone 5 amused my green thumb and tickled my practical nature. (By the way, I also live in Zone 5.)


This evening, while tending my gardens, I started counting the different plants that grace the landscape. I gave up after a few minutes - the stubborn chickweed patch near the front porch distracted me. My rough estimate: around 50 different plants. This number reflects the fact that I favor plants that survive our quirky Colorado weather and arid climate.

Anyway, I applaud the man's ambition. If he has the time, space and money to manage an incredibly diverse garden, more power to him.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photos: Two views of my backyard garden

No comments: