Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tuesday, 01 August 2006 - Prayers for Barbaro

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for prayers for Barbaro.

I bless the hoss from hoof to head -
From head to hoof, and tale to mane! -
I bless the hoss, as I have said,
From head to hoof, and back again!
~James Whitcomb Riley

I believe in the positive power of prayer and will pray for anything that tugs at my heart. I pray for T, our chocolate Lab, all the time since he is, after all, my canine son.

I was heartsick after Kentucky Derby winner, Barbaro, hurt his leg in a freak accident at the Preakness. I wanted this champion equine athlete to survive his life-threatening ordeal. So, for the first time in my life, I prayed for a horse.

Oh mighty Lord, Creator of Miracles, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your personal oversight of Barbaro's complete recovery ... Thank you for sending your strongest and most dedicated angels to watch over those who tend his injury - the surgeons, veterinarians, nurses, trainers, therapists, groomers ... Thank you, Lord, for your eternal faithfulness and fathomless love for all creatures that inhabit the earth ... Amen.

I just read that that Barbaro is holding his own but not yet out of danger. His recovery continues and so do my prayers.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Blue flax (Linum lewisii)

No comments: