Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday, 16 April 2008 - A rest day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a rest day.

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. ~Ovid

After three days of intense bouldering and rock climbing, S, T and I have earned a rest day. I'm not sore, just tired and bruised. We probably can't climb again until Saturday. Yes, you guessed it. Winter is visiting again.

Today's high will be at least 40 degrees lower than yesterday's toasty 76 degrees. And, here comes another snowstorm. A blizzard actually.

Beneath a thick layer of white frosting lie yesterday's daffodils and irises. In the neighborhood, flocked pine trees and shrubs rise above white gardens and iced lawns. A lovely winterscape. The white Christmas we never see. Except, it's April, not December.

Thankfully, the roads are merely wet. I hope they stay that way. Around 5 PM, S and T are taking me to Shewmaker's to buy a new digital camera (finally!).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: