Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wednesday, 09 April 2008 - April showers

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for April showers.

Though April showers
My come your way,

They bring the flowers

That bloom in May.

~Al Jolson

I was hoping for a gardening day. Not to plant, but to inspect, trim and hoe. I'm disappointed as I watch storm clouds invade the region just as the morning fog lifts. No bright sunshine today. No gentle April breezes. No opportunity to work or play outdoors.

It feels like rain.

You know the feeling.

My joints and muscles, still tired from yesterday's bouldering session, ache in response to pressure system shifts. Then, heaviness and lethargy set in. I don't feel like doing anything.

Storm clouds answer
Thunder's rumble.
Yes, it's time.

First
Raindrops.
Water.
Puddles.
Mud.

Then
Ice.
Sleet.
Snow.

Below,
Earth
Gratefully accepts
each gift.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: