Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday, 04 April 2008 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., as I privately commemorate the 40th anniversary of his assassination.

This afternoon, I remember him through his words, including these:
A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Life's most persistent and urgent question is: "What are you doing for others?"

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Whatever your life's work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.


Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.


The time is always right to do what is right.

I have a dream ...
For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: