Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday, 24 April 2008 - More signs of spring

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for more signs of spring.

S, T and I boulder and hike in Ute Valley Park for the third consecutive day. While hiking, I notice that the landscape is in an identity crisis. When I survey the area, I might guess the season to be either late autumn, late winter or early spring. Brown, tan, beige and gray dominate the current palette - very bland and quite boring.

On closer inspection, however, I see multitudes of tiny green leaf buds on the scrub oak and deciduous trees. A very good sign.

In a few weeks, spring will burst forward in all her glory, erasing chilly memories of our exceptionally cold and long winter.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photos: Mule deer graze in the meadow (Ute Valley Park)

No comments: