Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday, 25 April 2008 - A gardening day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a gardening day.

The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow.
~Author Unknown

Instead of climbing rocks and battering my hands, I worked in my front yard garden and dirtied my fingernails.

For two hours, I carefully trimmed and fed the perennials and raked the mulch.

Yes, even hardy xeriscapes need TLC in the spring, and I willingly take care of mine. My beloved garden is entering its fourth growing season. I hope its a glorious one.

(If you're interested in watching my garden grow, please visit my other blog, A Garden Grows in Colorado. I began posting entries last week. See the link at left under "Inspire Me")

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Daffodil bud

No comments: