Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday, 13 April 2008 - More warm and sunny weather

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for more warm and sunny weather.

Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems.
~Rainer Maria Rilke

In Colorado, winter lingers through March and April. Then, sometime in May, the night's low goes below freezing for the last time. On that day, I happily celebrate spring's official arrival with my gardening friends. In the meantime, S, T and I savor and exploit each warm and sunny March and April day, knowing that it could snow tomorrow.

Great news! The Weather Service forecasts three days of gorgeous weather beginning today. What a relief after last week's cold, wind and snow.

Since I returned to rock climbing in July 2006, S and I have never climbed or bouldered three days in a row. Here's our chance to try.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: