Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday, 22 April 2008 - Planet Earth

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my home on Planet Earth.

Don't blow it - good planets are hard to find. ~Quoted in Time

Earth Day,
every day.

My home on Planet Earth extends beyond the 7,000 square foot lot on which our house sits.

It reaches westward to the neighborhood park, alley, greenbelt and National Forest.

It embraces places like Ute Valley Park and Red Rock Canyon where S, T and I rock climb, boulder and hike, the summits of 14,000-foot high mountains and hundreds of miles of wilderness trails.

It touches the roads I travel and stores where I shop. It includes office buildings, libraries, art museums, community gardens, gas stations, post offices and beauty salons.

And, it remembers the footprints I've left in scores of places outside of Colorado (like Paris, London, Los Angeles, New York City and New Orleans).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: A few of the Ute Valley Park boulders

No comments: