Saturday, March 01, 2008

Saturday, 01 March 2008 - Three things

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for three things: an unseasonably warm and sunny day, a day-long climbing adventure, the year's first bloom.

For a late winter day, the weather is magnificent. The temperature might peak at 70 degrees F (imagine that!) and, although I've claimed this before, I believe today's sky is bluer than blue. I feel sorry for anyone who can't spend time outdoors. S, T and I will visit Red Rock Canyon where we plan to climb for hours, hike for miles and make new climbing friends.

I also want to announce my first bloom of the year. This morning, I noticed one tiny pink flower on the scented rose geranium (pelargonium). Pelargonia don't tolerate Colorado winters, so, in November, I brought my three plants indoors. Also, my find is not as exciting as discovering the first outdoor blossom (usually a crocus). But, when one yearns for evidence of spring, any flower will do.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: