Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday, 24 March 2008 - A real compliment

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a real compliment.

M, our Air Force Academy cadet, is staying with us over spring break. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for us), he has team practice and a conference game scheduled this week so he won't get a proper vacation. We're happy to have him. A young person always enlivens our household.

When M visits, my most important responsibility is to feed him. Fortunately, he is not a picky eater and readily consumes the various dishes I set before him. This evening he tells me that he really likes my apple cobbler. It's my own recipe, of course, inspired by others but bearing my distinct signature.

Then, M goes one step further. He confesses that he likes the apple cobbler so much that he sometimes dreams about it. I'm flattered. That has to be the finest compliment I've ever received about my cooking.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: