Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday, 28 March 2008 - Good news

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for good news.

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."

"Is it?"

"Yes," said Eeyore.

"However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

~A. A. Milne

Here's my Eeyore-esque scenario.

First, the bad news.

It snowed this morning, and it's freezing outside.

(Poor T. I want to delay his morning walk. In the same breath, I pray for a warmer afternoon and curse the wintry weather.)

Now, the good news.

No earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes or other "acts of God" reported in our region.

(I must always remember that things could be worse, much worse. I decide to brave the cold and take T for a short walk in the park. He's elated.)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: