Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday, 21 March 2008 - March Madness

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for March Madness.

The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play "Drop the Handkerchief." ~James Naismith

After a long, roller coaster ride regular season, March Madness finally descends upon college basketball fans including S, T and me.

"Already?" I ask, glancing at the calendar.

If he can help it, S doesn't want to miss a minute of the early rounds while I'm only interested in the fate of my alma mater, UCLA. He says that many "experts" predict a UCLA trip to the Final Four and overall victory. Even Senator Barack Obama's bracket shows UCLA in the championship game. Senator Obama, predicts, however, that the Bruins will lose to North Carolina. (That's okay. I'm still 100% behind his candidacy.)

It's a long march to the Final Four. And, as in any journey worth taking, we'll get there one step, one game at a time.

Go Bruins!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: