Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday, 08 March 2008 - Important women

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for important women.

This International Women's Day is a chance to reflect on the status of women in our societies, honor the extraordinary women whose courage and determination have shaped our lives, and rededicate ourselves to the ongoing challenges facing girls and women everywhere ...

The United States must lead the world to end these inequities and injustices, and when I'm President, we will. Every night I'm home, Michelle and I tuck two little girls into bed. And the reason I'm in this race is to help build a world where our Sasha and Malia and every girl is loved and safe from violence; where every woman is empowered; and where every person has the chance to reach for his or her dreams.

~Senator Barack Obama, 08 March 2008

Today, in the spirit of International Women's Day, I honor and thank all the women who helped shape my character, opened doors and windows for me in academia and business, believed in my writing talents, recognized my leadership potential, encouraged athletic pursuits and inspired a diversity of goals and dreams.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: